Below are links to various galleries of cakes we’ve done in the past.
“Simple and Classic” cakes would all be included in our base pricing.
“More Detailed” cakes would involved an additional charge beyond the base pricing. The amount of the additional charge will vary with each design.
“Unique Personalized” cakes are unique designs that we’ve created from invitations, gowns or other inspiration.
Hopefully, the titles of the other galleries are self-explanatory.
All cakes made from scratch without any artificial ingredients or preservatives.
We also pride ourselves on offering cakes that are only slightly sweet, not cloyingly sweet.
- White Velvet: a super moist vanilla cake with a cream cheese filling
- Miss Hazeltine’s Chocolate Cake: a chocolate buttermilk cake with chocolate cream cheese
More Adventurous Options:
- Passionfruit: a chiffon cake filled with a tropical passion fruit custard
- Strawberries & Cream: a chiffon cake with local strawberry jam and a light cream filling
- Red Velvet: a Southern tradition with toasted pecan cream cheese filling
- Lemon Poppyseed: a lemon buttermilk cake with a tart house-made lemon cream filling
- Mexican Chocolate: a chocolate cinnamon cake spiced with cayenne and black pepper
- German Chocolate: chocolate cake with the classic caramel-pecan-coconut filling
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: flavorful chocolate cake with a rich peanut butter filling
- Carrot Cake: the best carrot cake you’ve ever had
- Banana Fudge: a moist banana cake with a creamy fudge filling
- Victorian Wedding: rosewater brushed chiffon cake with raspberry jam and buttercream
Premium Cake Options
- Tiramisu: an espresso soaked chiffon cake with a creamy mascarpone filling
- Blackberry Walnut: a walnut cake with blackberry jam and a light cream filling
- Key Lime Coconut: a chiffon cake layered with key lime curd and coconut cream
- Raspberry Lemon: our lemon cake with lemon cream filling and fresh raspberries
Mini Dessert Options
One of the big trends in weddings beginning in 2016 was to have a small cutting cake for the couple and an array of mini-desserts for the guests. Here’s a link to a PDF of the Mini Dessert Options that Twiggs offers
Wedding Wire, “Couple’s Choice:” 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009
The Knot, Best of Weddings: 2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2007
Where: 2804 Adams Avenue, San Diego 92116 (University Heights / North Park area)
When: Monday through Saturday between 10am and 5pm by appointment only.
How: Please call 619.296.4077 between 8am and 4pm Mon-Sat at least 24 hours in advance. Or send a note through the “contact us” page on this website.
Cost: $10. Fee is applied to cost of cake if you book during your tasting and the total cost of your order is over $200.
The base pricing for a buttercream frosted cake with one flavor throughout the entire cake and a very simple design is as follows:
- Classic Cake Options: $4.50 / serving
- More Adventurous Options: $6 / serving
- Premium Options: $7 / serving
- Each additional cake flavor adds $1 per serving
- Fondant covered cakes add $1.50 per serving
- Fresh fruit added to a cake adds $1 per per serving.
- Design work often adds costs and is discussed on a case by case basis.
Delivery Fees based on mileage from our bakery:
- Up to 15 miles: $50
- 16-30 miles: $75
- over 30 miles: $125 and up
- weekday rush hour (M-F after 2pm): $25 – $50 additional charge
- Cupcake / mini-dessert set-up: $25 additional charge
We generally don’t deliver outside San Diego County and will not deliver to Mexico.
Sheet Cakes (50, 75 or 100 servings)
- Classic Cake Options: $2.50 / serving
- More Adventurous Options: $4 / serving
- Premium Options: $5 / serving
Cupcakes start at $3 per cupcake with a minimum order of 2 dozen of a single flavor. A 6” cutting cake generally ranges from $45 – $70 depending on flavor and design.
Reserving your date / Payment Terms
Once you choose Twiggs, we require a $100 deposit to reserve your date. This is refundable up to one month before your wedding. We require the balance on the cake be paid one week prior to the wedding.
Thank you for considering Twiggs! We look forward to working with you!